Business Development Speciality Position
Vuka Advisory Board for Small Medium Enterprise is a section 21 entity founded on the King III Report of Codes of Good Practice. Vuka is an independent and non-executive body that provides advisory services to small medium enterprises with the primary objective of providing strategic direction, instil good corporate governance and is ultimately responsible and accountable for the performance, development and sustainability of the enterprises by monitoring management and implementation of strategic plans bi-monthly.
Name of Position: Business Development Specialist – SME
Reporting to: Vuka Advisory Board of Directors
Job level: General Staff
Employment: Renewable every three (3) months
Reward Level: Commission Based
The purpose of the job is to source and recruit entrepreneurs for the Board. Entrepreneurs are to be recruited based on a criteria set by the Board. Activities associated with the role entail, but not restricted to, sourcing entrepreneurs based on the approved criteria; recruiting entrepreneurs; inducting entrepreneurs in preparation for the first Board meeting; maintain good stakeholder relations; provide monthly report to the Board; monitor all activities related to stakeholder relationship management.
– Recruit entrepreneurs for the Board
– Induct newly recruited entrepreneurs
– Identify programmes that will benefit entrepreneurs
– Identify opportunities, forums and platforms for exposure and marketing of Vuka Advisory Board
– Present progress update to the Board weekly
– Stakeholder relationship management
– Have good understanding of SME environment
– Have strong networks with SME and FDI’s in the market
– Excellent command of English
– Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
– Highly articulate, driven and innovative
– Good networking and interpersonal skills
– Submit a recently updated resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17h00 on 30 May 2014.
– Avail yourself for an interview in June 2014 (date to be confirmed).
– Prepare a 5 minute pitch on strategies you will use to source and recruit SMEs for the Vuka Advisory Board