I never get it. Not because I don’t like it (Okay I’m not a fan), but because there are always so many other things on the buffet that I prefer.
That’s why I don’t watch TV. At all. When I am on holiday, I hardly switch on the TV. I hardly watch TV at home. There are so many other things I would rather do in that moment.
Broadcast TV was a great choice when:
a> there weren’t a lot of other options; and
b> when everyone else was watching the same thing, so you needed to see it to be educated.
Now, though, you could:
- Run a little store on eBay or an online catalog
- Write a daily blog
- Write a novel
- Start an online community about your favorite passion
- Go to meetups in your town
- Volunteer to tutor a kid, in person or online
- Learn a new language, verbal or programming
- Write hand written thank you notes each evening to people who helped you out or did a good job
- Produce small films and publish them online
- Listen to the one thousand most important operas
- Read a book or two every evening
- Play a game of Scrabble with your family
None of them are perfect. Each of them are better than TV.