No one ever said it was easy being an entrepreneur.
Whether you’re in the early stages of your statrup, just secured funding for your startup or you are ready for product launch, there will always be those three components when you ask yourself if this whole entrepreneur thing is worth it.
Starting and running a business is like running a marathon.
The hours are long, you need energy, stamina, endurance, patience, a business will challenge you physically and mentally and requires the same traits.
Entrepreneurship is a marathon not a sprint.
You need a lot of encouragement when running. Some of the things that keeps runners going is the excitement, words of encouragement, shouts of support and love from the spectators.
When the going gets tough, instead of giving up and throwing-in the proverbial white towel, here are some of the quotes that keeps me going, I hope they will inspire to keep running [your business]:
- “You want to be extra rigorous about making the best possible thing you can. Find everything that’s wrong with it and fix it.” — Elon Musk
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other people’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” — Steve Jobs
- “Surround yourself with people that really believe in you… I found, especially when I was working while starting this business, that there will be moments when you are really down, scared or worried, and just aren’t ready for some of the challenges and the setbacks. It demands a lot of patience and courage, but that courage comes from the people around you.” – Saheel Shah
“I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times I have been trusted to take the game’s winning shot and missed. I have failed over and over and over again in my life and that’s why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Sometimes you fix one problem and another arises. So you have to be focused, be flexible, and be willing to adapt to changes. Going into employment can be tempting – but I stay put knowing that I will achieve my goals one day, even if it takes 10 years.” – Sam Turyatunga
- “Businesses that are spoilt with too much capital make the wrong decisions. Constraints are the most wonderful things in business, because constraints allow you to be innovative and come up with different solutions.” – Michael Jordaan
“It doesn’t matter how many times you almost get it right. No one is going to know or care about your failures, and neither should you. All you have to do is learn from them and those around you because all that matters in business is that you get it right once. Then everyone can tell you how lucky you are.” – Mark Cuban
- “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”— Jeff Bezos
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
“The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.”– Seth Godin