Never judge a book by it’s cover.
Having said, people still judge you on your looks.
People give you attention and respect based on your looks. Unfortunately, you are judged by how you look. That’s why Instagram is popular. You get popular based on how you dress.
Yes, never judge a book by it’s cover, but knowing that people judge by the cover, make sure your cover looks the part.
Find out what is the dress-code and dress accordingly.
When not sure, rather over-dress than under-dress.
- Don’t be too bright [unless you are pitching at an all-white party]
- Be comfortable, but presentable;
- Don’t wear a lot of jewellery or shiny things;
- Don’t wear anything that destructs attention [focus should be on your pitch, nothing else]
- Void wearing new clothes on the day [Shoes might be too small and make your uncomfortable on stage, or you may be busy pulling up or down that clothing item on stage]
- Be comfortable, wear that dress or trouser that makes you feel good, but also make your audience feel comfortable with you on stage.
- Be neat, you don’t have to look expensive, but your clothes should at least be ironed.
Be the cover you want to be judge as.