Where do innovative and revolutionary business ideas come from?
How can I become more innovative?
How do I find innovative team for my company?
What makes innovators different?
Can I learn to be innovative?
This short-course helps entrepreneurs learn to achieve breakthrough insights on how to be innovative through self-assessment, catalytic questioning, deep observation, diverse networking, and rapid experimentation.
Innovative entrepreneurs act differently to think differently and, in the end, they make a significant impact.
Every great innovator, from Nicola Tesla to Elon Musk, to Evelyn Gitau, excels at asking the right questions.
Day-in and day-out they seek provocative new insights by getting out of their offices and into the real world, actively observing, networking, and experimenting to generate valuable new ideas. By doing so, they improve our lives and grow our economy, finding new solutions to the most challenging problems we face.
Innovators are often creative people. But to take a clever idea and actually make it a marketable product requires a bit more than mere invention.
What you will learn:
These focus areas of this course includes developing key innovation skills such as:
- Questioning the status quo;
- Observing the world like anthropologists;
- Networking with diverse people to get new ideas;
- Experimenting in small, fast, and cheap ways to reach novel solutions; and
- Connecting typically unconnected insights to deliver disruptive new business ideas.
This highly interactive program will help you to:
- Gain deeper insight into your unique innovation skill strengths;
- Build questioning, observing, networking, and experimenting capabilities to surface new ideas and value-creating innovations;
- Practice questioning skills intensively through individual and group exercises;
- Apply skills to a real individual challenge; and
- Evolve your existing company culture to better foster these five skills.
Case Studies we will go through:
We will focus on the following case studies:
- William Kamkwamba
- Richard Turere
- Natalie Bitature
- Laduma Ngxokolo
- Steve Jobs
- Lilian Makoi Rabi
- Elon Musk
- Nicola Tesla
- Jeff Bezos
- Ratan Tata
- Kelvin Doe
- Siya Xuza
Who will benefit?
Entrepreneurs and managers:
Discover what causes customers to buy your products and why, and predict when disruption will happen.
Learn how to be disruptive in your industry and how to create new markets for your business instead of competing for already existing markets in an already saturated industry.
Those who are working full time in a company but wish to start and run their businesses.
Length: One Month [Wednesday evening for 5 weeks in May/June]
Class Dates: 15, 22, 29, May and 05, 12 June 2019.
Class Times: 18:00 to 20:00
Cost: R2, 500
[Registration fee of R1, 000 payable at beginning of programme, and balance R1, 500 payable at end of programme]
Facilitator: Dr. Roche Mamabolo
Venue: 3 Tybalt Place, Waterfall Office Park, Bekker Road, Vorna Valley, Midrand.
To apply online —> Online Application Form
Application deadline: Friday, 10 May 2019 [Space is limited]